6th Grade Introduction to Technology
This page describes a Qedoc learning module or quiz entitled "6th Grade Introduction to Technology". You can download the module from this page to put on your computer. You can also launch the module straight off the web using the launch quiz link on the right-hand side of this page. Another way to access this quiz is to install the Qedoc Quiz Player and bring up its directory of downloadable quizzes. Whichever way you choose to use it, it's free.
This module was originally prepared as an in-school test for a 6th grade "Introduction to Technology" class. The test is mostly about common desktop software, especially Microsoft Word and other Office applications, but there are also some questions about media applications and hardware.
Small subsections of software screenshots are used in this module for educational purposes, as permitted by the manufacturers. Further modification of these images is generally not allowed by the manufacturers.
The following is a short sample of the questions in this module and may help to better assess the level, topic and suitability of the material for your purposes. Images are omitted and the questions may not make complete sense without the context of the interactive answer activities which follow them in the module. To best preview this module, click the launch link at the top right of this page.
- Leslie is typing an essay for her history class. She accidentally hit delete when the last paragraph was highlighted. What can she do to immediately recover the text?
- Which application software would I choose if: I am putting pictures together for my cousins wedding and I want them to be set to music to make a great slide show.
- Where on the File menu do you click to change the page layout from portrait to landscape? (Select your answer in the drop down menu box below the graphic)
- Where on the File menu do you click to close the current document but not the program? (Select your answer in the drop down menu box below the graphic)
- Where on the File menu do you click to begin saving a file to a different location? (Select your answer in the drop down menu box below the graphic)
- Which application software would I choose if: I want to take a picture of my sister and make her look like an alien.
- Which application software would I choose if: I am taking old home movies and combining according to category.
- Which application software would I choose if: I need to create a banner that says, "Happy BIrthday, MOM!".
- When you scan a photograph for use on a web page, it is best to save the image using which file format?
- When writing formula in an Excel spreadsheet, the formula always starts with a/an _________ sign.
No screenshots have been uploaded yet. Authors are welcome to add their screenshots. See: how to add a screenshot.
How to use this module
To use a Qedoc learning module, the following procedure is recommended:
- Really easy: click the click here to launch hyperlink at the top right of the page. Then just wait and click your way (if necessary) through any dialogue screens. The module will launch straight off the web.
- Fairly easy: if you wish to have the module downloaded to your desktop, then start the Qedoc Quiz Player (which you can download and install on your computer if you haven't done so yet) and run through the starting dialogues until it presents you with a list of modules to load. Switch to the online learning modules tab, and the Qedoc Quiz Player will download a list of currently published modules from the web. Choose your desired module (this one) from the list. A local copy will then be kept on your computer for future use.
- Not so easy: click the download link at the bottom of the "quick facts" box and the module's ZIP file will download to your desktop. To actually use this, however, you must move it to the /player/modplay subdirectory of whichever directory the Qedoc software is installed in (usually /programme files/qedoc).
How to edit this module
You are permitted to edit this module - for example, to correct mistakes, extend it, or incorporate material from it into new modules or other educational resources. To find out how, please read How to edit a module.
No reviews have been added yet. Users are welcome to add reviews. For general discussion of this module, please use the discussion page instead.