A quick tour of the interface
The most important elements of the Qedoc Quiz Maker interface are labelled below.
The module navigation area has two tabs:
- A module explorer, which shows the structure of the currently loaded module and allows you to jump to any part of the module to edit it.
- A module library, which lists the modules in your module library and allows you to load them and perform other operations.
The editing area can be found below the main display. Editing panels here will change to suit the area of the module currently selected for editing. Most of your actual typing will be down here. There is an option in the menubar (under "view") for moving the editing panels up above the main display instead.
In general, we have designed the interface with ease-of-use in mind. There are many ways to get to the same place.
- The module navigation provides the fullest map of the module.
- The menubar and toolbar can both move you to different parts of the editor.
- You can also use the tabs above the main display to switch between major sections of the author.
- There is a "cycle tabs" button in the bottom right-hand corner which cycles you through the most important displays (the tree navigation, editor tabs and main display all change as you click the "cycle tabs" button).