Advanced Information Technology I
This page describes a Qedoc learning module or quiz entitled "Advanced Information Technology I". You can download the module from this page to put on your computer. You can also launch the module straight off the web using the launch quiz link on the right-hand side of this page. Another way to access this quiz is to install the Qedoc Quiz Player and bring up its directory of downloadable quizzes. Whichever way you choose to use it, it's free.
This information technology quiz is suitable for post-secondary studies. It includes wide-ranging questions on networking, databases, programming and system maintenance. For the most part, the questions are multiple choice. You will need very good IT knowledge before you can attempt this module.
The following is a short sample of the questions in this module and may help to better assess the level, topic and suitability of the material for your purposes. Images are omitted and the questions may not make complete sense without the context of the interactive answer activities which follow them in the module. To best preview this module, click the launch link at the top right of this page.
- If you wanted to make sure that the close-parenthesis (the ')' characters) match the open-parenthesis (the '(' characters) in a mathematical expression, which data structure could help you?
- If you have a empty queue that can contain letters, and you enqueue (in order) these letters into it, what order will they be in when you dequeue them? 'm' 'a' 'r'
- If you have a sorted, balanced binary tree with 15 elements in it, how many steps, maximum, will it take you to decide whether an element is present in the tree?
- If you have a empty stack that can contain letters, and you push (in order) these letters onto it, what order will they be in when you pop them off? 't' 'a' 'p'
- Which SQL statement selects all rows from table called Contest, with column ContestDate having values greater or equal to May 25, 20006?
- A type of evolutionary development where the objective of the process is to understand the customer's requirements is known as
- The process of establishing the services the system should provide and the constraints under which it must operate is called
- Modern filesystems, like ReiserFS and XFS, use which structure to organize their data for efficient access?
- A vector (an indexed, growable list) would most likely be implemented on top of which of these structures?
- Which 2 SQL keywords specify the sorting direction of the result set retrieved with ORDER BY clause
No screenshots have been uploaded yet. Authors are welcome to add their screenshots. See: how to add a screenshot.
How to use this module
To use a Qedoc learning module, the following procedure is recommended:
- Really easy: click the click here to launch hyperlink at the top right of the page. Then just wait and click your way (if necessary) through any dialogue screens. The module will launch straight off the web.
- Fairly easy: if you wish to have the module downloaded to your desktop, then start the Qedoc Quiz Player (which you can download and install on your computer if you haven't done so yet) and run through the starting dialogues until it presents you with a list of modules to load. Switch to the online learning modules tab, and the Qedoc Quiz Player will download a list of currently published modules from the web. Choose your desired module (this one) from the list. A local copy will then be kept on your computer for future use.
- Not so easy: click the download link at the bottom of the "quick facts" box and the module's ZIP file will download to your desktop. To actually use this, however, you must move it to the /player/modplay subdirectory of whichever directory the Qedoc software is installed in (usually /programme files/qedoc).
How to edit this module
You are permitted to edit this module - for example, to correct mistakes, extend it, or incorporate material from it into new modules or other educational resources. To find out how, please read How to edit a module.
No reviews have been added yet. Users are welcome to add reviews. For general discussion of this module, please use the discussion page instead.