This page describes a Qedoc learning module or quiz entitled "Botany 2". You can download the module from this page to put on your computer. You can also launch the module straight off the web using the launch quiz link on the right-hand side of this page. Another way to access this quiz is to install the Qedoc Quiz Player and bring up its directory of downloadable quizzes. Whichever way you choose to use it, it's free.
Practice examination questions on botany, covering topics such as morphology, embryology, taxonomy, microbiology, plant pathology, cell biology. A variety of questions types are used: mainly multiple choice, but also matching and ordering questions.
The following is a short sample of the questions in this module and may help to better assess the level, topic and suitability of the material for your purposes. Images are omitted and the questions may not make complete sense without the context of the interactive answer activities which follow them in the module. To best preview this module, click the launch link at the top right of this page.
- The Osmotic potential and Pressure potential values of cells A,B,C, and D are given below Osmotic Potential Pressure Potential Cell A -1.0 0.5 Cell B -0.6 0.3 Cell C -1.2 0.6 Cell D -0.8 0.4 Identify the correct sequence that shows the path of movement of water from among the following.
- Choose the correct combination from the following Tissue Structural feature Function I. Collenchyma Cell walls with high water content Photosynthesis in young stems II. Parenchyma Suberised cell Storage of food III. Sclerenchyma Lignified walls Mechanical strength IV. Digestive glands Dense cytoplasm Breaking substrate without water
- Study the following table and choose the correct sets. Component Character Used in I. Plasmid Small circular DNA Gene cloning II. Cosmid Restriction enzyme Identification of gene III. Vector Restriction enzyme Isolation of gene IV. Vector Gene carrier Gene transfer
- In a flower there are 5 unequal petals. The posterior petal is the largest. The 2 anterior petals are partially fused to form a boat like structure. The 2 lateral petals are smaller than the posterior petal. Which of the following character is not associated with such a flower ?
- Assertion (A) : In Spirogyra some cells in one of the two filaments become empty after conjugation. Reason (R) : The aplanogametes from the cells of one filament pass through the conjugation tube into the cells of the other filament.
- Assertion (A) : All the endodermal cells of the root do not contain casparian thickenings on their radial and transverse walls. Reason (R) : Passage cells are found in the endodermis.
- In tissue culture which one of the following substances is used to induce shoot formation and root formation respectively during organogenesis ?
- Identify the correct order of the components with reference to their arrangement from outside to inner side in a woody dicot stem.
- Study the following and choose the correct match between Plant Breeding methods and Advantages or Disadvantages
- Assertion (A) : The scientific name Malus malus is illegitimate. Reason (R) : It is a tautonym.
No screenshots have been uploaded yet. Authors are welcome to add their screenshots. See: how to add a screenshot.
How to use this module
To use a Qedoc learning module, the following procedure is recommended:
- Really easy: click the click here to launch hyperlink at the top right of the page. Then just wait and click your way (if necessary) through any dialogue screens. The module will launch straight off the web.
- Fairly easy: if you wish to have the module downloaded to your desktop, then start the Qedoc Quiz Player (which you can download and install on your computer if you haven't done so yet) and run through the starting dialogues until it presents you with a list of modules to load. Switch to the online learning modules tab, and the Qedoc Quiz Player will download a list of currently published modules from the web. Choose your desired module (this one) from the list. A local copy will then be kept on your computer for future use.
- Not so easy: click the download link at the bottom of the "quick facts" box and the module's ZIP file will download to your desktop. To actually use this, however, you must move it to the /player/modplay subdirectory of whichever directory the Qedoc software is installed in (usually /programme files/qedoc).
How to edit this module
You are permitted to edit this module - for example, to correct mistakes, extend it, or incorporate material from it into new modules or other educational resources. To find out how, please read How to edit a module.
No reviews have been added yet. Users are welcome to add reviews. For general discussion of this module, please use the discussion page instead.