This page describes a Qedoc learning module or quiz entitled "Butterflies". You can download the module from this page to put on your computer. You can also launch the module straight off the web using the launch quiz link on the right-hand side of this page. Another way to access this quiz is to install the Qedoc Quiz Player and bring up its directory of downloadable quizzes. Whichever way you choose to use it, it's free.
DescriptionAn interactive guide to some common butterflies for children. Includes memory games, multiple choice games, mystery word games and more. The module contains the following levels:
- Memory games with 6 random pairs of matching butterfly images
- Memory games with 8 random pairs of matching butterfly images
- Find the image corresponding to a given name.
- Find the name corresponding to a given image.
- Anagram game to guess common butterfly names.
- Memory game with picture/name matching.
- Find correct image given specific common and scientific names.
- Select image to fit a given scientific name.
- Mystery word game: find the common name of the butterfly.
- Mystery word game: find the scientific name of the pictured butterfly.
- Multiple choice: choose the right butterfly image to match the scientific name.
- Anagram game using scientific names of butterflies.
- Pair matching: match pictures and common names
- Pair matching: match common and scientific names.
No screenshots have been uploaded yet. Authors are welcome to add their screenshots. See: how to add a screenshot.
How to use this module
To use a Qedoc learning module, the following procedure is recommended:
- Really easy: click the click here to launch hyperlink at the top right of the page. Then just wait and click your way (if necessary) through any dialogue screens. The module will launch straight off the web.
- Fairly easy: if you wish to have the module downloaded to your desktop, then start the Qedoc Quiz Player (which you can download and install on your computer if you haven't done so yet) and run through the starting dialogues until it presents you with a list of modules to load. Switch to the online learning modules tab, and the Qedoc Quiz Player will download a list of currently published modules from the web. Choose your desired module (this one) from the list. A local copy will then be kept on your computer for future use.
- Not so easy: click the download link at the bottom of the "quick facts" box and the module's ZIP file will download to your desktop. To actually use this, however, you must move it to the /player/modplay subdirectory of whichever directory the Qedoc software is installed in (usually /programme files/qedoc).
How to edit this module
You are permitted to edit this module - for example, to correct mistakes, extend it, or incorporate material from it into new modules or other educational resources. To find out how, please read How to edit a module.
No reviews have been added yet. Users are welcome to add reviews. For general discussion of this module, please use the discussion page instead.