Chemistry - The Periodic Table
This page describes a Qedoc learning module or quiz entitled "Chemistry - The Periodic Table". You can download the module from this page to put on your computer. You can also launch the module straight off the web using the launch quiz link on the right-hand side of this page. Another way to access this quiz is to install the Qedoc Quiz Player and bring up its directory of downloadable quizzes. Whichever way you choose to use it, it's free.
This quiz covers many aspects of the Periodic Table. The types of problems that may be part of any quiz are as follows:
1. An element name is given and the atomic symbol is requested.
2. An atomic symbol is given and the element name is requested.
3. An atomic number is given and the element name is requested.
4. An element name is given and the atomic number is requested.
5. An element symbol is given and the atomic mass is requested.
6. An element name is given and its group number is requested.
7. An element name is given and the common name of its group is requested.
8. An element name is given and it must be described as a metal, nonmetal or metalloid.
9. An element name is given and it must be described as a main group element, a transition element, or an inner transition element.
10. An element name is given and it must be described as an alkali metal, alkaline earth metal, chalcogen, halogen or noble gas
No screenshots have been uploaded yet. Authors are welcome to add their screenshots. See: how to add a screenshot.
How to use this module
To use a Qedoc learning module, the following procedure is recommended:
- Really easy: click the click here to launch hyperlink at the top right of the page. Then just wait and click your way (if necessary) through any dialogue screens. The module will launch straight off the web.
- Fairly easy: if you wish to have the module downloaded to your desktop, then start the Qedoc Quiz Player (which you can download and install on your computer if you haven't done so yet) and run through the starting dialogues until it presents you with a list of modules to load. Switch to the online learning modules tab, and the Qedoc Quiz Player will download a list of currently published modules from the web. Choose your desired module (this one) from the list. A local copy will then be kept on your computer for future use.
- Not so easy: click the download link at the bottom of the "quick facts" box and the module's ZIP file will download to your desktop. To actually use this, however, you must move it to the /player/modplay subdirectory of whichever directory the Qedoc software is installed in (usually /programme files/qedoc).
How to edit this module
You are permitted to edit this module - for example, to correct mistakes, extend it, or incorporate material from it into new modules or other educational resources. To find out how, please read How to edit a module.
No reviews have been added yet. Users are welcome to add reviews. For general discussion of this module, please use the discussion page instead.