Computer Skills Assessment Test
This page describes a Qedoc learning module or quiz entitled "Computer Skills Assessment Test". You can download the module from this page to put on your computer. You can also launch the module straight off the web using the launch quiz link on the right-hand side of this page. Another way to access this quiz is to install the Qedoc Quiz Player and bring up its directory of downloadable quizzes. Whichever way you choose to use it, it's free.
The CSAT is used mainly for employers who wish to evaluate a person's knowledge on computer systems but students and individuals can use this as a self-assessment on computer skills. It contains questions on the various components of the computer, popular and practical microsoft office applications like word, powerpoint, and excel. This exam also includes a section on using the internet and email.
Co-author of this exam is Lee Steven Zantua
The following is a short sample of the questions in this module and may help to better assess the level, topic and suitability of the material for your purposes. Images are omitted and the questions may not make complete sense without the context of the interactive answer activities which follow them in the module. To best preview this module, click the launch link at the top right of this page.
- There are two ways to highlight a text or texts in word document, one is using the keyboard, the other is using a __________. Type your answer in blank space provided.
- When you want to undo something in the document, you go to edit and click the undo button. Choose Yes if you agree, and No if you do not agree with the statement.
- Formula Bar shows the content of a current/active cell. In case formula bar is not shown, Click View, Bar, then Formula. Is this statement correct?
- This is a windows utility that you can use to end applications that froze or are not responding. (Click on the small keyboard for your answer)
- A homepage is the first page you see when you start a web browser like the Internet Explorer or Firefox. Is this statement true or false?
- Microsoft Excel is an electronic spreadsheet, which allows the user to manipulate numerical data with formulas, and built in functions.
- Choose two statements that can show step-by-step procedures when you want to open a certain document in microsoft word.
- In Microsoft excel, what is the term used to refer to the encircled item below? Click on the letters for the answer.
- What is the tool used to count the number of words in a word document? Select your answer from the given letters.
- What is considered as the primary input device when using the computer? (Unscramble the letters on the screen)
No screenshots have been uploaded yet. Authors are welcome to add their screenshots. See: how to add a screenshot.
How to use this module
To use a Qedoc learning module, the following procedure is recommended:
- Really easy: click the click here to launch hyperlink at the top right of the page. Then just wait and click your way (if necessary) through any dialogue screens. The module will launch straight off the web.
- Fairly easy: if you wish to have the module downloaded to your desktop, then start the Qedoc Quiz Player (which you can download and install on your computer if you haven't done so yet) and run through the starting dialogues until it presents you with a list of modules to load. Switch to the online learning modules tab, and the Qedoc Quiz Player will download a list of currently published modules from the web. Choose your desired module (this one) from the list. A local copy will then be kept on your computer for future use.
- Not so easy: click the download link at the bottom of the "quick facts" box and the module's ZIP file will download to your desktop. To actually use this, however, you must move it to the /player/modplay subdirectory of whichever directory the Qedoc software is installed in (usually /programme files/qedoc).
How to edit this module
You are permitted to edit this module - for example, to correct mistakes, extend it, or incorporate material from it into new modules or other educational resources. To find out how, please read How to edit a module.
No reviews have been added yet. Users are welcome to add reviews. For general discussion of this module, please use the discussion page instead.