Computer Skills Testing 2
This page describes a Qedoc learning module or quiz entitled "Computer Skills Testing 2". You can download the module from this page to put on your computer. You can also launch the module straight off the web using the launch quiz link on the right-hand side of this page. Another way to access this quiz is to install the Qedoc Quiz Player and bring up its directory of downloadable quizzes. Whichever way you choose to use it, it's free.
Testing for basic knowledge of computer skills and MS Office. The module contains the following activities:
- Computer Skills Testing: 40 randoms questions
This is a variation of Computer Skills Testing by Sam Donham, in which the question bank has been modified by eliminating questions about OSHA safety and including questions about basic networking.
The following is a short sample of the questions in this module and may help to better assess the level, topic and suitability of the material for your purposes. Images are omitted and the questions may not make complete sense without the context of the interactive answer activities which follow them in the module. To best preview this module, click the launch link at the top right of this page.
- Which one of the following statements is true? Choose from the dropdown list. i. You can remove icons on your desktop ii. You can move the icons around on your desktop iii. You can rename the icons on your desktop
- A highlighted or bright (sometimes blinking) line or other mark that shows where information is being input; that is, where the next letter or character will appear.
- There are two ways to highlight a text in a Word document, one is using the keyboard, the other is using a __________. Type your answer in blank space provided.
- Type the following and do not hit Enter/Return key at the end of a line: Practicing with your typing can greatly help your overall computer skills.
- Microsoft Excel is an electronic spreadsheet, which allows the user to manipulate numerical data with formulas, and built in functions.
- An icon or text that connects you to another website or document or to additional information within that website or document.
- Choose two statements that can show step-by-step procedures when you want to open a certain document in Microsoft Word.
- You are trying to run a program stored on the network server, but it isn't working. What is the first thing to check?
- What is a collection of computers and devices connected together via communications devices and transmission media?
- When the monitor wont turn on but you can see the computer is on what can you try to do? Choose all that apply.
No screenshots have been uploaded yet. Authors are welcome to add their screenshots. See: how to add a screenshot.
How to use this module
To use a Qedoc learning module, the following procedure is recommended:
- Really easy: click the click here to launch hyperlink at the top right of the page. Then just wait and click your way (if necessary) through any dialogue screens. The module will launch straight off the web.
- Fairly easy: if you wish to have the module downloaded to your desktop, then start the Qedoc Quiz Player (which you can download and install on your computer if you haven't done so yet) and run through the starting dialogues until it presents you with a list of modules to load. Switch to the online learning modules tab, and the Qedoc Quiz Player will download a list of currently published modules from the web. Choose your desired module (this one) from the list. A local copy will then be kept on your computer for future use.
- Not so easy: click the download link at the bottom of the "quick facts" box and the module's ZIP file will download to your desktop. To actually use this, however, you must move it to the /player/modplay subdirectory of whichever directory the Qedoc software is installed in (usually /programme files/qedoc).
How to edit this module
You are permitted to edit this module - for example, to correct mistakes, extend it, or incorporate material from it into new modules or other educational resources. To find out how, please read How to edit a module.
No reviews have been added yet. Users are welcome to add reviews. For general discussion of this module, please use the discussion page instead.