DPA Computer Skills Assessment
This page describes a Qedoc learning module or quiz entitled "DPA Computer Skills Assessment". You can download the module from this page to put on your computer. You can also launch the module straight off the web using the launch quiz link on the right-hand side of this page. Another way to access this quiz is to install the Qedoc Quiz Player and bring up its directory of downloadable quizzes. Whichever way you choose to use it, it's free.
Created by the State of California Department of Personnel Administration. These assessments help our IMS Department gain a better knowledge of your experience and technical proficiency so that we may provide you with better service and training.
The following is a short sample of the questions in this module and may help to better assess the level, topic and suitability of the material for your purposes. Images are omitted and the questions may not make complete sense without the context of the interactive answer activities which follow them in the module. To best preview this module, click the launch link at the top right of this page.
- Once you have opened an Internet Browser window such as Internet Explorer navigating away from your home page is done by typing in a new address in the “address bar” and selecting the button on the right hand side
- An icon or text that connects you to another website or document or to additional information within that website or document.
- Most applications and or windows can simply be closed with the mouse by simply clicking on the upper right hand corner “ - ”?
- 13. Toolbars contain icons representing the most commonly used commands. These same commands can be found in the menus.
- The following is an incorrect way to type in a web address or URL (Uniform Resource Locator) http://www.somewhere.com
- This segment is to test your knowledge of common extensions. Please match the proper extension with the definition.
- The following is the proper way to access all of the available applications on your computer: Start > All Programs
- What is the correct way to add a folder through the Windows Operating System using only your mouse?
- Whenever you are told to “double-click” an item on the computer screen, use the left mouse button.
- Where are the buttons that allow you to minimize, maximize and close windows on your computer?
No screenshots have been uploaded yet. Authors are welcome to add their screenshots. See: how to add a screenshot.
How to use this module
To use a Qedoc learning module, the following procedure is recommended:
- Really easy: click the click here to launch hyperlink at the top right of the page. Then just wait and click your way (if necessary) through any dialogue screens. The module will launch straight off the web.
- Fairly easy: if you wish to have the module downloaded to your desktop, then start the Qedoc Quiz Player (which you can download and install on your computer if you haven't done so yet) and run through the starting dialogues until it presents you with a list of modules to load. Switch to the online learning modules tab, and the Qedoc Quiz Player will download a list of currently published modules from the web. Choose your desired module (this one) from the list. A local copy will then be kept on your computer for future use.
- Not so easy: click the download link at the bottom of the "quick facts" box and the module's ZIP file will download to your desktop. To actually use this, however, you must move it to the /player/modplay subdirectory of whichever directory the Qedoc software is installed in (usually /programme files/qedoc).
How to edit this module
You are permitted to edit this module - for example, to correct mistakes, extend it, or incorporate material from it into new modules or other educational resources. To find out how, please read How to edit a module.
No reviews have been added yet. Users are welcome to add reviews. For general discussion of this module, please use the discussion page instead.