Danish nouns - animals
This page describes a Qedoc learning module or quiz entitled "Danish nouns - animals". You can download the module from this page to put on your computer. You can also launch the module straight off the web using the launch quiz link on the right-hand side of this page. Another way to access this quiz is to install the Qedoc Quiz Player and bring up its directory of downloadable quizzes. Whichever way you choose to use it, it's free.
DescriptionThis module tests knowledge of Danish nouns and their inflected forms. About 20 question templates are combined with about 100 nouns to produce about 2000 different questions, which are presented randomly in 7 different activities. These activities can be repeated indefinitely, with constantly fresh content, until the material is known. Known material is slowly filtered out as the activities are repeated, in favour of less well-known items.
The module contains the following activities:
- Drag-and-drop all forms. Introductory activity where you are given all the forms of the noun and simply have to determine which are singular/plural or definite/indefinite. Max. 40 points.
- Find base forms. Easy activity where you are given any of the three inflected forms of the noun and must type in the corresponding base form. Max. 20 points.
- N-words and T-words. Sort sets of nouns by gender into N-words (common gender) and T-words (neuter). Drag-and-drop activity marked as a quiz. Max. 60 points.
- Postfixed article - definite singular forms. Type in the definite singular form of the noun (with postfixed article). Marked and managed as a flashcard set - track the ones you know and do not know. Max. 40 points.
- Plurals. Type in the indefinite plural form of the noun. Marked and managed as a flashcard set - track the ones you know and do not know. Max. 50 points.
- All inflections.. Type in all inflected forms of the noun. Marked and managed as a flashcard set - track the ones you know and do not know. Max. 120 points.
- English to Danish. Given the English, type in the Danish. Correct indefinite article required. Max. 60 points.
abe, ælling, and, bæst, bæver, bi, bille, bjørn, blæksprutte, delfin, drage, dyr, edderkop, egern, elefant, elg, får, firben, fisk, fjer, flagermus, flodhest, flue, føl, frø, fugl, gås, ged, giraf, gøg, grævling, grib, gris, haj, hale, hest, hjort, høne, hummer, hund, hval, hvalp, hvalros, hveps, insekt, kænguru, kalkun, kålorm, kalv, kamel, kanin, kat, killing, klo, ko, kolibri, krabbe, krage, krokodille, kylling, lam, løve, måge, mammut, mariehøne, møl, muldvarp, mus, myg, myre, næsehorn, odder, orm, ørn, påfugl, papegøje, pels, pindsvin, pingvin, ræv, rotte, sæl, skade, skildpadde, slange, snegl, so, søløve, solsort, sommerfugl, søstjerne, spætte, spurv, struds, svale, svin, tiger, tyr, ugle, ulv, vaskebjørn
The following is a short sample of the questions in this module and may help to better assess the level, topic and suitability of the material for your purposes. Images are omitted and the questions may not make complete sense without the context of the interactive answer activities which follow them in the module. To best preview this module, click the launch link at the top right of this page.
- What is the Danish for the following noun? Put the indefinite article into the first field and the noun itself into the second field. You can type with the real keyboard (click on the answer field first) or press the buttons on the virtual keyboard instead.
- Drag the nouns to their corresponding indefinite articles.
No screenshots have been uploaded yet. Authors are welcome to add their screenshots. See: how to add a screenshot.
How to use this module
To use a Qedoc learning module, the following procedure is recommended:
- Really easy: click the click here to launch hyperlink at the top right of the page. Then just wait and click your way (if necessary) through any dialogue screens. The module will launch straight off the web.
- Fairly easy: if you wish to have the module downloaded to your desktop, then start the Qedoc Quiz Player (which you can download and install on your computer if you haven't done so yet) and run through the starting dialogues until it presents you with a list of modules to load. Switch to the online learning modules tab, and the Qedoc Quiz Player will download a list of currently published modules from the web. Choose your desired module (this one) from the list. A local copy will then be kept on your computer for future use.
- Not so easy: click the download link at the bottom of the "quick facts" box and the module's ZIP file will download to your desktop. To actually use this, however, you must move it to the /player/modplay subdirectory of whichever directory the Qedoc software is installed in (usually /programme files/qedoc).
How to edit this module
You are permitted to edit this module - for example, to correct mistakes, extend it, or incorporate material from it into new modules or other educational resources. To find out how, please read How to edit a module.
No reviews have been added yet. Users are welcome to add reviews. For general discussion of this module, please use the discussion page instead.