Discrimination and Power
This page describes a Qedoc learning module or quiz entitled "Discrimination and Power". You can download the module from this page to put on your computer. You can also launch the module straight off the web using the launch quiz link on the right-hand side of this page. Another way to access this quiz is to install the Qedoc Quiz Player and bring up its directory of downloadable quizzes. Whichever way you choose to use it, it's free.
Covers the topic with specific relevance to the use and misuse of power in organisations.
The following is a short sample of the questions in this module and may help to better assess the level, topic and suitability of the material for your purposes. Images are omitted and the questions may not make complete sense without the context of the interactive answer activities which follow them in the module. To best preview this module, click the launch link at the top right of this page.
- A person has a choice between two shopping malls: one three miles away, the other ten. He always drives to the mall that’s farther away, because it doesn’t have as many Hispanic and Asian shoppers as the closer mall has. This is an example of what kind of prejudice?
- What does the following definition refer to: potential ability of one person in a relationship to influence others in the relationship behaviorally and/or psychologically?
- What term goes with the following definition: expenditure of energy to control and influence others, to control resources, or the get things done?
- Many people have as a goal to be promoted to a better position in the organization. How might a leader take advantage of this in an abusive way?
- A bank in a certain city is more restrictive authorizing loan to people living within certain sections of the city. What is this an example of?
- Prejudice is formed from preconceived opinions based on faulty generalizations. Which of the following is NOT a faulty generalization?
- A CEO’s power in a corporate may be based on several kinds of power. Which of the following would especially a base of power?
- What is the kind of racism takes place when a community group’s policies inadvertently treat racial groups unequally?
- If you admire someone because of his heroic acts, what power is he exercising over you?
- Why is painting a swastika on a synagogue considered a form of acted out prejudice?
No screenshots have been uploaded yet. Authors are welcome to add their screenshots. See: how to add a screenshot.
How to use this module
To use a Qedoc learning module, the following procedure is recommended:
- Really easy: click the click here to launch hyperlink at the top right of the page. Then just wait and click your way (if necessary) through any dialogue screens. The module will launch straight off the web.
- Fairly easy: if you wish to have the module downloaded to your desktop, then start the Qedoc Quiz Player (which you can download and install on your computer if you haven't done so yet) and run through the starting dialogues until it presents you with a list of modules to load. Switch to the online learning modules tab, and the Qedoc Quiz Player will download a list of currently published modules from the web. Choose your desired module (this one) from the list. A local copy will then be kept on your computer for future use.
- Not so easy: click the download link at the bottom of the "quick facts" box and the module's ZIP file will download to your desktop. To actually use this, however, you must move it to the /player/modplay subdirectory of whichever directory the Qedoc software is installed in (usually /programme files/qedoc).
How to edit this module
You are permitted to edit this module - for example, to correct mistakes, extend it, or incorporate material from it into new modules or other educational resources. To find out how, please read How to edit a module.
No reviews have been added yet. Users are welcome to add reviews. For general discussion of this module, please use the discussion page instead.