Diversity in the Workplace
This page describes a Qedoc learning module or quiz entitled "Diversity in the Workplace". You can download the module from this page to put on your computer. You can also launch the module straight off the web using the launch quiz link on the right-hand side of this page. Another way to access this quiz is to install the Qedoc Quiz Player and bring up its directory of downloadable quizzes. Whichever way you choose to use it, it's free.
A short multiple choice quiz which forms part of a series on management skills. This quiz covers diversity training.
The following is a short sample of the questions in this module and may help to better assess the level, topic and suitability of the material for your purposes. Images are omitted and the questions may not make complete sense without the context of the interactive answer activities which follow them in the module. To best preview this module, click the launch link at the top right of this page.
- What is the term for the most positive point on the cultural competency continuum – the point at which an organization is committed to understanding the value of differences?
- When we deviate from societal standards, what are some community mechanisms that come into play and remind us of the behavior we should be showing?
- At this point on the cultural competence continuum, people are consciously making policy and practice changes to accommodate cultural differences
- What is the term for the most negative end of the cultural competence continuum – where attitudes, policies, and practices can destroy cultures?
- At this point on the cultural competency continuum, non-successful minority groups are considered to lack the desire to achieve:
- At what point on the cultural competency continuum is it most important to protect the supremacy of the dominant culture?
- Which of the following provides a good visual description of the Cultural Competence model presented here?
- Even though race plays a major role in the dynamics of cultures, what else must we understand about race?
- When we accept stereotypes as truth and make sure they remain in effect, we then have
- “The only way to see a blind spot is to look for it.” What does this mean?
No screenshots have been uploaded yet. Authors are welcome to add their screenshots. See: how to add a screenshot.
How to use this module
To use a Qedoc learning module, the following procedure is recommended:
- Really easy: click the click here to launch hyperlink at the top right of the page. Then just wait and click your way (if necessary) through any dialogue screens. The module will launch straight off the web.
- Fairly easy: if you wish to have the module downloaded to your desktop, then start the Qedoc Quiz Player (which you can download and install on your computer if you haven't done so yet) and run through the starting dialogues until it presents you with a list of modules to load. Switch to the online learning modules tab, and the Qedoc Quiz Player will download a list of currently published modules from the web. Choose your desired module (this one) from the list. A local copy will then be kept on your computer for future use.
- Not so easy: click the download link at the bottom of the "quick facts" box and the module's ZIP file will download to your desktop. To actually use this, however, you must move it to the /player/modplay subdirectory of whichever directory the Qedoc software is installed in (usually /programme files/qedoc).
How to edit this module
You are permitted to edit this module - for example, to correct mistakes, extend it, or incorporate material from it into new modules or other educational resources. To find out how, please read How to edit a module.
No reviews have been added yet. Users are welcome to add reviews. For general discussion of this module, please use the discussion page instead.