How to fly a Boeing 747
This page describes a Qedoc learning module or quiz entitled "How to fly a Boeing 747". You can download the module from this page to put on your computer. You can also launch the module straight off the web using the launch quiz link on the right-hand side of this page. Another way to access this quiz is to install the Qedoc Quiz Player and bring up its directory of downloadable quizzes. Whichever way you choose to use it, it's free.
122 questions about the Boeing 747-100/200, arranged into random 20 question quizzes.
The following is a short sample of the questions in this module and may help to better assess the level, topic and suitability of the material for your purposes. Images are omitted and the questions may not make complete sense without the context of the interactive answer activities which follow them in the module. To best preview this module, click the launch link at the top right of this page.
- If the center wing tank (CWT) contains less than 50,000 lbs, both CWT override/jettison pumps must be turned off prior to reaching how many lbs before reaching a stable cruize altitude?
- Do not use nacelle or wing anti ice when the TAT is above -- celcius because it may degrade the hardness of the engine inlets and wing leading edges.
- For proper hydraulic cooling and ground operation of the EDP, ADP, and ACP for 15 minutes, what is the minimum fuel needed in lbs for tanks 1 and 4?
- For proper hydraulic cooling and ground operation of the EDP, ADP, and ACP for 15 minutes, what is the minimum fuel needed in lbs for tanks 2 and 3?
- If the center wing tank (CWT) contains more than 50,000 lbs, both CWT override/jettison pumps must be turned off prior to reaching how many lbs?
- For the APU starter duty cycle for 60 - 90 seconds, how many -- attempts per hour and how much time -- minutes between attempts? (-- --)
- For the APU starter duty cycle for 0 - 60 seconds, how many -- attempts per hour and how much time -- minutes between attempts? (-- --)
- What is the standard minimum dispatch fuel in pounds with approval from the Director of Operations, Cheif Pilot or management designee?
- For APUs which can be started in flight, and both isolation valves closed, the bleed air may be used for altitudes up to ----- feet?
- Do not attempt to re-engage starter while N2 is rotating, however in abnormal conditions the starter may be re-engaged at --% N2?
No screenshots have been uploaded yet. Authors are welcome to add their screenshots. See: how to add a screenshot.
How to use this module
To use a Qedoc learning module, the following procedure is recommended:
- Really easy: click the click here to launch hyperlink at the top right of the page. Then just wait and click your way (if necessary) through any dialogue screens. The module will launch straight off the web.
- Fairly easy: if you wish to have the module downloaded to your desktop, then start the Qedoc Quiz Player (which you can download and install on your computer if you haven't done so yet) and run through the starting dialogues until it presents you with a list of modules to load. Switch to the online learning modules tab, and the Qedoc Quiz Player will download a list of currently published modules from the web. Choose your desired module (this one) from the list. A local copy will then be kept on your computer for future use.
- Not so easy: click the download link at the bottom of the "quick facts" box and the module's ZIP file will download to your desktop. To actually use this, however, you must move it to the /player/modplay subdirectory of whichever directory the Qedoc software is installed in (usually /programme files/qedoc).
How to edit this module
You are permitted to edit this module - for example, to correct mistakes, extend it, or incorporate material from it into new modules or other educational resources. To find out how, please read How to edit a module.
No reviews have been added yet. Users are welcome to add reviews. For general discussion of this module, please use the discussion page instead.