How to load a learning module
Loading a learning module is similar but slightly different, depending whether you are using the Qedoc Quiz Maker or Qedoc Quiz Player. Both use the module loader, but how you get to the module loader differs.
Loading a module into the Qedoc Quiz Player
When the Player is started, you will first be asked to log in as a player. After selecting or creating an identity, you will normally be prompted with the module loader dialogue. If not, or if you accidentally close the module loader dialogue, the interface looks like this:
The blue folder icon marks the various places where you can re-launch the module loader.
- A blue folder icon for loading is present in the menu system (file --> load).
- There is a blue folder icon for loading on the toolbar.
- There is a button (with a blue folder on it) in the middle of the screen.
For further instructions from this points, see module loader.
Loading a module into the Qedoc Quiz Maker
Places to load a module are, again, marked with a blue folder icon.
- In the menu system (under the file menu). This launches the module loader.
- On the toolbar (first icon from the left). This also launches the module loader.
- In the module library, which is a tree of modules available on your local file system. The module library always displays on the left side of the workspace. This is a quicker way to launch modules. A double click on any module title will load the module immediately. However the module library only shows local modules, not remote ones.
You can also load modules into the Qedoc Quiz Maker by importing them or by synchronisation (which is when you synchronize local and remote versions of a module). See: importing modules, synchronisation.