This page describes a Qedoc learning module or quiz entitled "Interviewing Skills". You can download the module from this page to put on your computer. You can also launch the module straight off the web using the launch quiz link on the right-hand side of this page. Another way to access this quiz is to install the Qedoc Quiz Player and bring up its directory of downloadable quizzes. Whichever way you choose to use it, it's free.
Short multiple choice quiz about interviews.
The following is a short sample of the questions in this module and may help to better assess the level, topic and suitability of the material for your purposes. Images are omitted and the questions may not make complete sense without the context of the interactive answer activities which follow them in the module. To best preview this module, click the launch link at the top right of this page.
- Even though it is illegal to be discriminatory in an interview process, interviewers make decisions impacting the interviewed person that occasionally causes the interviewed to question the interviewer’s objectivity. Which of the following is commonly a stereotyped category that could impact these decisions?
- The quality of one of your employees’ work has been slipping the last couple of months. You meet with that person and find out she has some significant stress in her life outside of work. What strategy could you use to improve her work performance?
- The counseling interview can be customized to fit the issues involved. If a decision is not necessary and what is necessary instead is a better understanding of someone’s position on an issue, what type of counseling interview would be effective?
- Good interview skills are useful when addressing the poor performance of specific employees. For a situation that you determine is best corrected with a better-skilled employee, which of the following strategies could you use?
- Sometimes an interviewer rates a candidate very high or very low (usually the latter) based on information from the interview. This can lead to a biased interview. What is it called?
- A reliable interview process requires that the interviewer have good listening skills. Which of the following is the best benefit derived from effective listening?
- You have an employee who is not working up to company standards that almost all other employees can reach. Which of the following should be the first thing you do?
- When an interviewee is spending too long on an answer, what type of question could you use to move the conversation quickly away from that answer?
- Nonverbal cues communicate active listening. Which of the following tells interviewees you are interested in what they are about to say?
- Recruitment interviews are most effective when adequate planning goes into preparing for them, including which of the following?
No screenshots have been uploaded yet. Authors are welcome to add their screenshots. See: how to add a screenshot.
How to use this module
To use a Qedoc learning module, the following procedure is recommended:
- Really easy: click the click here to launch hyperlink at the top right of the page. Then just wait and click your way (if necessary) through any dialogue screens. The module will launch straight off the web.
- Fairly easy: if you wish to have the module downloaded to your desktop, then start the Qedoc Quiz Player (which you can download and install on your computer if you haven't done so yet) and run through the starting dialogues until it presents you with a list of modules to load. Switch to the online learning modules tab, and the Qedoc Quiz Player will download a list of currently published modules from the web. Choose your desired module (this one) from the list. A local copy will then be kept on your computer for future use.
- Not so easy: click the download link at the bottom of the "quick facts" box and the module's ZIP file will download to your desktop. To actually use this, however, you must move it to the /player/modplay subdirectory of whichever directory the Qedoc software is installed in (usually /programme files/qedoc).
How to edit this module
You are permitted to edit this module - for example, to correct mistakes, extend it, or incorporate material from it into new modules or other educational resources. To find out how, please read How to edit a module.
No reviews have been added yet. Users are welcome to add reviews. For general discussion of this module, please use the discussion page instead.