This page describes a Qedoc learning module or quiz entitled "Laboratory instruments". You can download the module from this page to put on your computer. You can also launch the module straight off the web using the launch quiz link on the right-hand side of this page. Another way to access this quiz is to install the Qedoc Quiz Player and bring up its directory of downloadable quizzes. Whichever way you choose to use it, it's free.
Learn names of science laboratory equipment and what things are used for.
The following is a short sample of the questions in this module and may help to better assess the level, topic and suitability of the material for your purposes. Images are omitted and the questions may not make complete sense without the context of the interactive answer activities which follow them in the module. To best preview this module, click the launch link at the top right of this page.
- A crystal used for observing small amount of sample undergoing reaction; as a cover of beaker in boiling water or solution and as a container for litmus paper while not in use during experiments
- A deep wide mouthed, thin walled cylindrical vessel with a pouring lip used for measuring large quantities of liquid and also a container of boiling liquid mixture
- A cone shaped vessel ending in a tube at the base, used for pouring liquids or powders through a small opening and to hold the filter paper in filtration
- A framework or wooden or metal bars used for supporting the test tubes when not in used or while waiting for the reaction or reagents to took place
- Used for measuring large quantities of liquids. As a receiver in filtration and distillation ; and also a container for liquid examples
- An instrument with a broad, flexible usually dull-edged blade used for mixing, scooping or spreading soft substances of liquids
- Fine wire woven to make an open gauzy materials for strainers-used to regulate the heat of the flame when used in heating
- which of the following instruments is used to transfer particles from a wide mouthed bottle to a small mouthed bottle
- Glass tubes, closed at one end making chemical test; used for heating small amount of solutions in experiments.
- Ram wants to get the exact amount of liquid for his experiment. What laboratory instrument should he use?
No screenshots have been uploaded yet. Authors are welcome to add their screenshots. See: how to add a screenshot.
How to use this module
To use a Qedoc learning module, the following procedure is recommended:
- Really easy: click the click here to launch hyperlink at the top right of the page. Then just wait and click your way (if necessary) through any dialogue screens. The module will launch straight off the web.
- Fairly easy: if you wish to have the module downloaded to your desktop, then start the Qedoc Quiz Player (which you can download and install on your computer if you haven't done so yet) and run through the starting dialogues until it presents you with a list of modules to load. Switch to the online learning modules tab, and the Qedoc Quiz Player will download a list of currently published modules from the web. Choose your desired module (this one) from the list. A local copy will then be kept on your computer for future use.
- Not so easy: click the download link at the bottom of the "quick facts" box and the module's ZIP file will download to your desktop. To actually use this, however, you must move it to the /player/modplay subdirectory of whichever directory the Qedoc software is installed in (usually /programme files/qedoc).
How to edit this module
You are permitted to edit this module - for example, to correct mistakes, extend it, or incorporate material from it into new modules or other educational resources. To find out how, please read How to edit a module.
No reviews have been added yet. Users are welcome to add reviews. For general discussion of this module, please use the discussion page instead.