This page describes a Qedoc learning module or quiz entitled "Leadership". You can download the module from this page to put on your computer. You can also launch the module straight off the web using the launch quiz link on the right-hand side of this page. Another way to access this quiz is to install the Qedoc Quiz Player and bring up its directory of downloadable quizzes. Whichever way you choose to use it, it's free.
A short multiple choice quiz about leadership styles.
The following is a short sample of the questions in this module and may help to better assess the level, topic and suitability of the material for your purposes. Images are omitted and the questions may not make complete sense without the context of the interactive answer activities which follow them in the module. To best preview this module, click the launch link at the top right of this page.
- A leader must select a style of leadership that works best with the level at which the work team is willing and able to complete the task at hand. If the team you lead has the capability to complete the work but is not very willing to do so, which of the following leadership styles would you use?
- The resolution of a conflict depends greatly on the manner in which a leader responds to the conflict. The type of response the leader should use is dependent on the circumstances involved. Which type of response, if successful, has the best long-term impact?
- A leader must be prepared to select a leadership style based on the work team’s competency and commitment levels. For example, what approach would a leader take with a work team that is highly competent but shows variable levels of commitment?
- Communication between people often involves differing expectations. This happens among work team members and between the team and their leader. A leader must manage these differences so that problems don’t develop. What can the leader do?
- Conflict within a team usually goes through a cycle. As the leader deals with the conflict, he/she must consider where in that cycle the team is. What are the stages in the cycle and what order are they usually in?
- What is your general leadership style if you do not consistently follow through with commitments, come across to staff as unpredictable, but at the same time are viewed as open-minded and adaptable?
- “Leadership is not something you do to people, it is something you do with people.” What does this mean in terms of leaders’ relationship with their staff?
- What is your general leadership style if you show decisiveness, consistently follow through with commitments, but generally find it hard to praise staff?
- If effective leaders and managers should have a balance of leadership and managerial skills, which of the following would indicate some of that balance?
- There are three perspectives through which to describe effective leaders. Which one supports the concept that leaders are born and not made?
No screenshots have been uploaded yet. Authors are welcome to add their screenshots. See: how to add a screenshot.
How to use this module
To use a Qedoc learning module, the following procedure is recommended:
- Really easy: click the click here to launch hyperlink at the top right of the page. Then just wait and click your way (if necessary) through any dialogue screens. The module will launch straight off the web.
- Fairly easy: if you wish to have the module downloaded to your desktop, then start the Qedoc Quiz Player (which you can download and install on your computer if you haven't done so yet) and run through the starting dialogues until it presents you with a list of modules to load. Switch to the online learning modules tab, and the Qedoc Quiz Player will download a list of currently published modules from the web. Choose your desired module (this one) from the list. A local copy will then be kept on your computer for future use.
- Not so easy: click the download link at the bottom of the "quick facts" box and the module's ZIP file will download to your desktop. To actually use this, however, you must move it to the /player/modplay subdirectory of whichever directory the Qedoc software is installed in (usually /programme files/qedoc).
How to edit this module
You are permitted to edit this module - for example, to correct mistakes, extend it, or incorporate material from it into new modules or other educational resources. To find out how, please read How to edit a module.
No reviews have been added yet. Users are welcome to add reviews. For general discussion of this module, please use the discussion page instead.