Licence types for modules
Most learning modules published by Qedoc and referenced from this site use a Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial ShareAlike licence. A very few use a Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial NoDerivatives licence where necessary - usually when media items contained in the module have been obtained under licences which are incompatible with the Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial ShareAlike licence.
Licence types are important, because they determine what you can do (or not do) with the modules.
Licences determine the answers to basic questions such as:
- Can I distribute these modules to others?
- Can I edit these modules?
- Can I inspect how the module was created?
- Can I pass off the modules as my own work?
- Can I sell the modules for my own profit?