Membrane Structure and Transport
This page describes a Qedoc learning module or quiz entitled "Membrane Structure and Transport". You can download the module from this page to put on your computer. You can also launch the module straight off the web using the launch quiz link on the right-hand side of this page. Another way to access this quiz is to install the Qedoc Quiz Player and bring up its directory of downloadable quizzes. Whichever way you choose to use it, it's free.
This is a well-designed biochemistry test involving a wide range of question types.
The following is a short sample of the questions in this module and may help to better assess the level, topic and suitability of the material for your purposes. Images are omitted and the questions may not make complete sense without the context of the interactive answer activities which follow them in the module. To best preview this module, click the launch link at the top right of this page.
- Choose the two ions that, when they move down their concentration gradients, provide the energy required for secondary active transport. 2 marks available.
- Choose the correct word from the list to complete the text regarding the functions of the plasma membrane of cells and organelles. 9 marks are available.
- Secondary active transport utilises a difference on concentration of a substance. This is because what is involved in the creation of this gradient?
- Choose the correct words to complete the text. This text is about methods of gating in ion channels. 20 marks are available.
- Fill in the missing letters to complete this text about membrane transport mechanisms/methods. 8 marks are available.
- Which of these is the correct definition of an 'amphiphilic' molecule? This is NOT in relation to membrane proteins.
- Choose the correct word to complete this text about the properties of the membrane bilayer. marks are available.
- Which of these statements are true regarding the carbohydrates found in plasma membranes? 4 marks are available.
- Complete this text about examples of secondary active transport by choosing the best word. 27 marks available.
- Choose the correct words to complete this text about PRIMARY ACTIVE TRANSPORT. 15 marks are available.
No screenshots have been uploaded yet. Authors are welcome to add their screenshots. See: how to add a screenshot.
How to use this module
To use a Qedoc learning module, the following procedure is recommended:
- Really easy: click the click here to launch hyperlink at the top right of the page. Then just wait and click your way (if necessary) through any dialogue screens. The module will launch straight off the web.
- Fairly easy: if you wish to have the module downloaded to your desktop, then start the Qedoc Quiz Player (which you can download and install on your computer if you haven't done so yet) and run through the starting dialogues until it presents you with a list of modules to load. Switch to the online learning modules tab, and the Qedoc Quiz Player will download a list of currently published modules from the web. Choose your desired module (this one) from the list. A local copy will then be kept on your computer for future use.
- Not so easy: click the download link at the bottom of the "quick facts" box and the module's ZIP file will download to your desktop. To actually use this, however, you must move it to the /player/modplay subdirectory of whichever directory the Qedoc software is installed in (usually /programme files/qedoc).
How to edit this module
You are permitted to edit this module - for example, to correct mistakes, extend it, or incorporate material from it into new modules or other educational resources. To find out how, please read How to edit a module.
No reviews have been added yet. Users are welcome to add reviews. For general discussion of this module, please use the discussion page instead.