Microsoft Excel 2003 Basic Fundamentals
This page describes a Qedoc learning module or quiz entitled "Microsoft Excel 2003 Basic Fundamentals". You can download the module from this page to put on your computer. You can also launch the module straight off the web using the launch quiz link on the right-hand side of this page. Another way to access this quiz is to install the Qedoc Quiz Player and bring up its directory of downloadable quizzes. Whichever way you choose to use it, it's free.
"Microsoft screenshorts reproduced with kind permission of Microsoft Corporation."
The following is a short sample of the questions in this module and may help to better assess the level, topic and suitability of the material for your purposes. Images are omitted and the questions may not make complete sense without the context of the interactive answer activities which follow them in the module. To best preview this module, click the launch link at the top right of this page.
- As shown in picture, the value of Cell B1 is "Sales Amount (in Rs.)". However, the contents of cell B1 is expanding to cell C1. Which command you will use to adjust the contents of cell B1 without effecting the column size and font size?
- As shown in picture, you need to type month's name from January to December. You have already typed January in cell A2. What is the easiest method to type all the months name?
- Your worksheet contain a large set of data. You need to move to certian location rapidly. What keyboard shortcut you will use to move to a particular Cell Reference.
- As shown in picture, you want to clear only the formatting of selected cell A1 & B1. Which command you can use to clear only the formatting but not the contents?
- What is the keyboard shortcut to return to the Active Cell while navigating through worksheet using scroll bars, mouse wheel or when the Scroll Lock is On?
- Excel has a feature to save your work automatically every ten minutes. To adjust the settings, you will click:
- As shown in picture, what keyboard shortcut you will use to Fill January month to the selected cells?
- As shown in picture, the Drawing Toolbar is missing. How you will enable the Drawing Toolbar.
- Using the Scrollbars or scrolling with your mouse wheel doesn't change the active cell.
- Which one of the following is not a right way to calculate the sum of the shown value?
No screenshots have been uploaded yet. Authors are welcome to add their screenshots. See: how to add a screenshot.
How to use this module
To use a Qedoc learning module, the following procedure is recommended:
- Really easy: click the click here to launch hyperlink at the top right of the page. Then just wait and click your way (if necessary) through any dialogue screens. The module will launch straight off the web.
- Fairly easy: if you wish to have the module downloaded to your desktop, then start the Qedoc Quiz Player (which you can download and install on your computer if you haven't done so yet) and run through the starting dialogues until it presents you with a list of modules to load. Switch to the online learning modules tab, and the Qedoc Quiz Player will download a list of currently published modules from the web. Choose your desired module (this one) from the list. A local copy will then be kept on your computer for future use.
- Not so easy: click the download link at the bottom of the "quick facts" box and the module's ZIP file will download to your desktop. To actually use this, however, you must move it to the /player/modplay subdirectory of whichever directory the Qedoc software is installed in (usually /programme files/qedoc).
How to edit this module
You are permitted to edit this module - for example, to correct mistakes, extend it, or incorporate material from it into new modules or other educational resources. To find out how, please read How to edit a module.
No reviews have been added yet. Users are welcome to add reviews. For general discussion of this module, please use the discussion page instead.