Microsoft Office 2007
This page describes a Qedoc learning module or quiz entitled "Microsoft Office 2007". You can download the module from this page to put on your computer. You can also launch the module straight off the web using the launch quiz link on the right-hand side of this page. Another way to access this quiz is to install the Qedoc Quiz Player and bring up its directory of downloadable quizzes. Whichever way you choose to use it, it's free.
This is an introductory level quiz about the use of various components of Microsoft Office 2007, including Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Access.
"Microsoft product screen shot(s) reprinted with permission from Microsoft Corporation."
The following is a short sample of the questions in this module and may help to better assess the level, topic and suitability of the material for your purposes. Images are omitted and the questions may not make complete sense without the context of the interactive answer activities which follow them in the module. To best preview this module, click the launch link at the top right of this page.
- Live Preview allows users to conveniently view the potential effects of a specific change to a spreadsheet before making a selection. When pointing the mouse over a particular formatting button, the change will temporarily appear within the spreadsheet.
- HOW TO SAVE A DOCUMENT IN PDF FORMAT 1. Click the Office Button. 2. Point to Save As. 3. Click Adobe PDF 4. If not already done, choose the destination where the file will be saved. 5. Click the Publish button.
- Microsoft Office Word will automatically correct many typing errors as you create them and display a red line under the words it does not automatically correct to notify the user of a spelling error.
- In an Access database, if you type information into a field that already contains data, the computer will prompt you to save or discard those changes before you exit.
- A highlighted or bright (sometimes blinking) line or other mark that shows where information is being input; that is, where the next letter or character will appear.
- While entering data, you encounter a field called Date of Birth, with the hint being "mm/dd/yyyy". Which is the correct way to enter the date into that field?
- In 2007, WHERE is the data menu found? (This is primarily used to provide commands to sort and filter data within a spreadsheet.)
- In this image, a portion of the menu has been highlighted. The object within the high lighted area is known as what?
- Content such as Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint displays cannot be inserted into a Word Document.
- What is the primary use of the software package known as Microsoft Office: Excel?
No screenshots have been uploaded yet. Authors are welcome to add their screenshots. See: how to add a screenshot.
How to use this module
To use a Qedoc learning module, the following procedure is recommended:
- Really easy: click the click here to launch hyperlink at the top right of the page. Then just wait and click your way (if necessary) through any dialogue screens. The module will launch straight off the web.
- Fairly easy: if you wish to have the module downloaded to your desktop, then start the Qedoc Quiz Player (which you can download and install on your computer if you haven't done so yet) and run through the starting dialogues until it presents you with a list of modules to load. Switch to the online learning modules tab, and the Qedoc Quiz Player will download a list of currently published modules from the web. Choose your desired module (this one) from the list. A local copy will then be kept on your computer for future use.
- Not so easy: click the download link at the bottom of the "quick facts" box and the module's ZIP file will download to your desktop. To actually use this, however, you must move it to the /player/modplay subdirectory of whichever directory the Qedoc software is installed in (usually /programme files/qedoc).
How to edit this module
You are permitted to edit this module - for example, to correct mistakes, extend it, or incorporate material from it into new modules or other educational resources. To find out how, please read How to edit a module.
No reviews have been added yet. Users are welcome to add reviews. For general discussion of this module, please use the discussion page instead.