Screenshot of Qedoc Quiz Player 1.x
Qedoc Quiz Player: desktop application for playing quizzes created with the Qedoc Quiz Maker. The desktop application is available as freeware (no cost) to anyone. The main philosophy behind the software is to bring a greater degree of interactivity (and therefore pedagogical depth) to computer-based learning technologies, and to combine this with a greater degree of fun and motivation.
Main interface elements
- Welcome screen: contains controls to load different learning modules and general information about those modules, such as author, version, title and description.
- Presentation: an educational author can add one or more pages of presentational material in a slideshow to be viewed (usually before) a quiz is taken. Presentations have been combined with assessments under "activities" from version 2.0.
- Assessment: a module may typically contain as many as a dozen or more "quizzes" or "levels", which can be taken independently of each other and tracked separately.
- Results display: detailed different reports, with long term detailed tracking of performance and setting of goals. Designed to motivate learners into maximizing their efforts. Includes options for printing certificates, detailed reports and actual answers given by the learner.
- Community display: an area where learners can access various online ladders or halls of fame to compete with other learners. The community display is a sub-display of results from version 2.0.
Selected major features
- Multiple user management: a single installation can create different user profiles and track these different users. Management is modelled on children's learning games, so that young children can create their own identities and log on easily when prompted to do so. Performance in learning modules is tracked separately for each user. Multiple user management is designed primarily with families and schools in mind.
- Multiple languages: currently available in English, Spanish, French, German, Indonesian, Greek, Russian and Dutch.
- The player contains user-definable options. Here learners can choose their own backgrounds and colour scheme, redefine the sound effects and set their own attempts icons. In all cases, learners choose from a range of pre-defined backgrounds, effects and icons.
- Desktop edition: this is the free, downloadable version. You install it on your computer. It costs you nothing. You can directly access hundreds of free quizzes prepared by our volunteer contributors.
- Web launch edition: this launches directly from our site when you click the launch quiz link on any module page on this wiki.
Download the latest version of the Qedoc Quiz Player