Technology - Mechanisms
This page describes a Qedoc learning module or quiz entitled "Technology - Mechanisms". You can download the module from this page to put on your computer. You can also launch the module straight off the web using the launch quiz link on the right-hand side of this page. Another way to access this quiz is to install the Qedoc Quiz Player and bring up its directory of downloadable quizzes. Whichever way you choose to use it, it's free.
This module was designed as a end-of-unit test for the mechanisms unit of a Scottish S2 (secondary) course in technology.
The following is a short sample of the questions in this module and may help to better assess the level, topic and suitability of the material for your purposes. Images are omitted and the questions may not make complete sense without the context of the interactive answer activities which follow them in the module. To best preview this module, click the launch link at the top right of this page.
- Select the appropriate gear so the driven gear rotates at three times the speed as the driver gear but rotates in the opposite direction. Select the correct image.
- Select the appropriate gear so the driven gear rotates at five times the speed of the driver gear but rotates in the opposite direction. Select the correct image.
- Select the appropriate gear so the driven gear rotates at the same speed as the driver gear but rotates in the opposite direction. Click on the correct image.
- What is the type of motion that this fan can do other than rotary. Type in your answer.
- What is the type of motion you do when you walk to school. Type in your answer.
- Type in the changes in motion, if the golfer takes his swing and hits the ball.
- What is the type of motion you do when you use a spanner. Type in your answer.
- Select a motion type to match an image that demonstrates that motion.
- Select the appropriate picture that contains an idler gear.
- Type in the changes in motion as shown in the photograph.
No screenshots have been uploaded yet. Authors are welcome to add their screenshots. See: how to add a screenshot.
How to use this module
To use a Qedoc learning module, the following procedure is recommended:
- Really easy: click the click here to launch hyperlink at the top right of the page. Then just wait and click your way (if necessary) through any dialogue screens. The module will launch straight off the web.
- Fairly easy: if you wish to have the module downloaded to your desktop, then start the Qedoc Quiz Player (which you can download and install on your computer if you haven't done so yet) and run through the starting dialogues until it presents you with a list of modules to load. Switch to the online learning modules tab, and the Qedoc Quiz Player will download a list of currently published modules from the web. Choose your desired module (this one) from the list. A local copy will then be kept on your computer for future use.
- Not so easy: click the download link at the bottom of the "quick facts" box and the module's ZIP file will download to your desktop. To actually use this, however, you must move it to the /player/modplay subdirectory of whichever directory the Qedoc software is installed in (usually /programme files/qedoc).
How to edit this module
You are permitted to edit this module - for example, to correct mistakes, extend it, or incorporate material from it into new modules or other educational resources. To find out how, please read How to edit a module.
No reviews have been added yet. Users are welcome to add reviews. For general discussion of this module, please use the discussion page instead.