The Crucible: Act 1 Quotes
This page describes a Qedoc learning module or quiz entitled "The Crucible: Act 1 Quotes". You can download the module from this page to put on your computer. You can also launch the module straight off the web using the launch quiz link on the right-hand side of this page. Another way to access this quiz is to install the Qedoc Quiz Player and bring up its directory of downloadable quizzes. Whichever way you choose to use it, it's free.
This module is designed to help you learn quotations from Act 1 of The Crucible, a play written by Arthur Miller in 1953.
The following is a short sample of the questions in this module and may help to better assess the level, topic and suitability of the material for your purposes. Images are omitted and the questions may not make complete sense without the context of the interactive answer activities which follow them in the module. To best preview this module, click the launch link at the top right of this page.
- "... let either of you breathe a word, or the edge of a word about the other things, and I will come to you in the black of some terrible night and I will bring a pointy reckoning that will shudder you"
- Who is being spoken about here? "I’m not sayin’ she’s touched the Devil, now, but I’d admire to know what books she reads and why she hides them—she’ll not answer me, y’see."
- In Act 1 of The Crucible, who says "And what shall I say to them? That my daughter and my niece I discovered dancing like heathen in the forest?"
- Who is being spoken about in this quote? "We have all heard of your great charities in Beverly."
- Who is this quote directed towards? "You sent a child to conjure up the dead…?"
- Who is being spoken about here? "She have often laughed at prayer!"
- It is a marvel. It is surely a stroke of hell upon you…
- "I’ll not be comin’ for you more. You know me better."
- Drag the quotation under the correct thematic heading
- Fill in the gaps with the most appropriate word.
No screenshots have been uploaded yet. Authors are welcome to add their screenshots. See: how to add a screenshot.
How to use this module
To use a Qedoc learning module, the following procedure is recommended:
- Really easy: click the click here to launch hyperlink at the top right of the page. Then just wait and click your way (if necessary) through any dialogue screens. The module will launch straight off the web.
- Fairly easy: if you wish to have the module downloaded to your desktop, then start the Qedoc Quiz Player (which you can download and install on your computer if you haven't done so yet) and run through the starting dialogues until it presents you with a list of modules to load. Switch to the online learning modules tab, and the Qedoc Quiz Player will download a list of currently published modules from the web. Choose your desired module (this one) from the list. A local copy will then be kept on your computer for future use.
- Not so easy: click the download link at the bottom of the "quick facts" box and the module's ZIP file will download to your desktop. To actually use this, however, you must move it to the /player/modplay subdirectory of whichever directory the Qedoc software is installed in (usually /programme files/qedoc).
How to edit this module
You are permitted to edit this module - for example, to correct mistakes, extend it, or incorporate material from it into new modules or other educational resources. To find out how, please read How to edit a module.
No reviews have been added yet. Users are welcome to add reviews. For general discussion of this module, please use the discussion page instead.