Release date: 1st March, 2009
- Italian language pack for Quiz Player now included, raising the number of languages to 11.
- "History" icon removed from question bank toolbar (Quiz Maker).
- Extra buttons/functions on the description editor (Quiz Maker) to help generate quicker, more informative descriptions based on module content.
- Removed rule for "minimum 5 questions before upload" (Quiz Maker). This is because large flashcard decks don't actually need more than 1 question (as a template).
- Multiple text response question type now has additional triple row and triple column layouts.
- Fixed bug where closing the publication confirmation box with the X-icon resulted in submission of the module rather than cancellation of the submission. (Quiz Maker)
- Changes to how the Qedoc software deals with MP3's on Windows Vista.
- Changes to the bug report submission dialogue.
- Rewrote the way flashcard MC-distractors are generated (Quiz Player). Appears to work much better now.
- New question type: fill-in tables. The question type displays a grid of fields and simply expects the contents of a data table to be typed in correctly. The author can specify row and column labels. Colour-coded correction is optional.
- Font size selector maximum limits raised from 72 to 256 pixels on all font controls.
- Added a fix/update to Moodle export format. The newer Moodle export format (undocumented) requires the category name to be nested inside a new text tag, otherwise a fatal error occurs during parsing. Qedoc now exports to the new format standard.
- The installation routine has been updated. An alternative installation destination can be specified. JRE 6 update 12 is now included in the pack.
- Release date: 23rd March, 2009.
- Image files with JPEG extensions are now recognized as JPG files.
- The description editor (Quiz Maker) has an additional function which can be used to extract lists of items from data tables. This is useful if you are creating (e.g.) a vocabulary training module and wish to easily extract a list of vocabulary items into the module description.
- Commercial users can additionally export activities to an extremely simple pipe-separated format (multiple choice and short answer only). This is a useful shortcut when converting large numbers of simple questions into a data table. The format can already be imported - the lack of an export was inconsistent.
- Problems with sequential (non-random) ordering of questions in the Quiz Player may have been ironed out.
- Gapfill questions which use manually selected gaps now have additional options: alternative answers for the text fields can now be specified.
- The data table selector on the flashcard activity definitions (Quiz Maker) now has a refresh button for refreshing the list of data tables in order to display freshly created data tables.
- The data table editor now has a manual format selection combobox in addition to automatic format detection. This helps with cases where automatic format detection fails.
- A small visual bug in the Quiz Player has been fixed where the penultimate progress icon would display as "wrong" rather than "unattempted" when an activity was played through for the 2nd time in the same session.
- Corrected problem with Player toolbar alpha level introduced in version 2.5.6.
- Player now has a memory tracker - like the Quiz Maker, but in a different place - launched from the "help" menu.
- A bug in the Player has been fixed which affected the marking of auto-generated arithmetical exercises where several questions were combined into one screen.
- Release date: 6th April, 2009.
- All task types now have an additional option to embed a reference document. Reference documents can be stored in the module, so they are distributed with the module itself. They can be launched in an external viewer by clicking a button on the Qedoc Quiz Player interface for the relevant task. Documents will be launched in whatever external application the operating system considers appropriate. It is advisable to use a common format, such as PDF. This new feature allows teachers to distribute their handouts and other presentational materials with the module. As a reminder, playable media types could already be embedded in the Qedoc software anyway - this facility adds additional support for further file types - primarily documents.
- In drag-and-drop question types, a bug has been fixed where the presence of HTML tags could prevent proper correction of the question. During drag operations, the drag content now also has HTML tags stripped.
- Added a new test to prevent upload of poorly developed modules which clog up the review system: modules must EITHER have at least 10 questions OR have a rating of more than 20 before they can be uploaded.
- Release date: 20th April 2009.
- The media bank now supports deletion of multiple row selections.
- The module description can no longer be viewed while a test is in progress (Player). We made this change because we noticed that sometimes the descriptions of modules contain the answers - e.g. in those modules which contains lists of vocabulary.
- The web version of the Player has improved management of background images. These are now cached better so that on subsequent loading of the Player, background images appear instantaneously.
- A bug affecting user management has been fixed in the web version of the Qedoc Quiz Player.
- Results discarding. "Results discarding" is when the Player's record of a user's previous attempts is deleted.
- In commercial versions of the Quiz Maker, it is now possible to signal removal of the "discard results" option from the Player when a specific module is played. This makes it more difficult, but not impossible, for a student to delete all their previous results.
- Discarding of results is now more thorough than before - previously not everything was fully deleted.
- The Quiz Maker has an additional option for automatic discarding of results of the module build number has changed since the module was last played. Authors can use this when updating a module to ensure that results from old versions of the module are no longer kept. Keeping stored results may not make sense if a module is rewritten or substantially restructured.
- A bug was fixed in the Player where multiple choice questions continued to display correctness icons (ticks and crosses) even when "mark-as-you-go" correction was deactivated.
- The media bank operation for batch editing of permissions has been extended to cover the copyright/source field as well. This is helpful when an author has entered large numbers of media items and has forgotten to enter the copyright and permissions details correctly.
- Restrictions on loading modules with ND licences into the Quiz Maker has been lifted. While the ND-restriction may prohibit modification by others, nevertheless others should be able to inspect such modules, and the original authors need to be able to load versions issued by Qedoc or by their own colleagues. The requirements of the ND licence can be met instead during human review of submissions. Note: CC-BY-NC-ND is not generally available to authors, but is used occasionally when valuable and irreplaceable source materials have originally been released with ND restrictions.
- Release date: 28th June, 2009. This version was released only as the web version of the Qedoc Quiz Player.
- Erroneous "backslash/apostrophe" combinations in the author/organisation dislay are now de-backslashed (Qedoc Quiz Player).
- Major update to the German language pack for the Qedoc Quiz Player.
- Provisional compatibility with Moodle's new Quizport module, allowing the Qedoc Quiz Player to be integrated into Moodle.
- Release date: 2nd January, 2010.
- Fixes and changes to drag-and-drop gapfill questions: (1) setting the points per gap now works as it should; (2) the maximum number of random gaps has been increased from 1/4 to 1/3 of the total number of words; (3) the "minimum gap size" setting on random gap generators now works as it should (previously fixed at 3).
- Modifications to the stimulus layout. Previously one could only add one of media/document/notes. Now all of these types can be combined in the display.
- Improvements to quiz printing (Commercial version of Qedoc Quiz Maker).
- The filter in the question-creation wizard has been corrected so that some typed-response questions are now also flagged as printable. Previously they were printable, but it was not possible to see this.
- Multiple choice questions with image responses are now printable.
- Images in the stimulus section of questions are now printable.