Release date: 23rd March, 2009
Version 2.6.1 is a maintenance release with a large variety of bugfixes and minor enhancements.
Please see Version 2.6.0 for most information relating to this version.
- Image files with JPEG extensions are now recognized as JPG files.
- The description editor (Quiz Maker) has an additional function which can be used to extract lists of items from data tables. This is useful if you are creating (e.g.) a vocabulary training module and wish to easily extract a list of vocabulary items into the module description.
- Commercial users can additionally export activities to an extremely simple pipe-separated format (multiple choice and short answer only). This is a useful shortcut when converting large numbers of simple questions into a data table. The format can already be imported - the lack of an export was inconsistent.
- Problems with sequential (non-random) ordering of questions in the Quiz Player may have been ironed out.
- Gapfill questions which use manually selected gaps now have additional options: alternative answers for the text fields can now be specified.
- The data table selector on the flashcard activity definitions (Quiz Maker) now has a refresh button for refreshing the list of data tables in order to display freshly created data tables.
- The data table editor now has a manual format selection combobox in addition to automatic format detection. This helps with cases where automatic format detection fails.
- A small visual bug in the Quiz Player has been fixed where the penultimate progress icon would display as "wrong" rather than "unattempted" when an activity was played through for the 2nd time in the same session.
- Corrected problem with Player toolbar alpha level introduced in version 2.5.6.
- Player now has a memory tracker - like the Quiz Maker, but in a different place - launched from the "help" menu.
- A bug in the Player has been fixed which affected the marking of auto-generated arithmetical exercises where several questions were combined into one screen.